Sunday, December 31, 2023

Palm Deer

This is my Palm Deer. Made from pieces of palm trees and a coconut outer shell.
I selected a 1x6x14 board that was laying around the shop. Using glue and some drywall screws I started mounting with the top antlers first.
I used three sets of palm fronds ends for antlers and a quarter of a piece of coconut fiber that I found at the park for the face. I cut the end of the coconut fiber that comes to a point to glue back on as a nose.
Selecting the eyes, at first I thought of these brass things that go behind a dresser knob.
Then I thought of these wooden knobs off of a bifold door. I ended up cutting off some of the back part of the knob and a little glue and two drywall screws becomes my eyes
Trying to decide if I want to paint the nose red or not. I will hang it up for awhile, time will tell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment