Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Garden for Mary

My Mary Garden. Mary was a gift to us and I am not sure how long she will last. She has been repainted 3 times in the three years she has been outside. Made of plaster I worry about the effects of the elements.

Mary represents many things to many people. this particular Mary is the one who appeared to the French sailors. With her dark blue Robe. She blessed their dangerous journey and she blesses our journey with her arms stretched out toward the driveway. It is a small gesture that brings a smile to my face as I pull out of the drive. Later this year as the trees regain their leaves I will fill flower boxes with impatiens for color and the garden around her will really pop and she will smile as she continues to bless our lives and journeys.
Summer photos will follow of the improvements and the flowers. I will add a back to the garden and fill up the height of the garden to make a raised bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment