Saturday, April 23, 2011

A match set

This Rocking chair has been in my home for twenty some years. It was bought from the Salvation Army so it is far from being new. At one point it spent a year on the back porch. So it was in need of a make over for sure.

I found this barrel table at a garage sale. It too is very old and made like a real barrel with no nails. It is an art form in itself

A little sanding and some new paint.

Both sides open and will hold some paper and pens really nice next to my rocker.

At the same sale I bought some cigar boxes and one of them was full of cigar bands. They are so ornate and the brown color that I am painting with sort of looks like a cigar color. I used modge podge to glue the cigar bands to the barrel table bands.

Now here is the finished set. I call it a "match set".

No comments:

Post a Comment