Thursday, April 28, 2011

Orchids and a place to keep them.

I love Orchids and years ago we had a freek freeze and I lost my whole collection. So after Easter I was at Lowes picking up my easter Lillies an saw the old plant bins 50% off when the blooms have died off. These Orchids were way more than 50% off. Some of the 29.00$ ones were on sale for 5.00$ and the 14.95$ ones were 1.00$.

I had this A frame made from 4x4's that held a swing for years and the futon frame was used as a fence for many years.

So now the two of them come together to hold my Orchids and my Staghorn
Fern. I use some old wire hangers to wrap the pots to be able to hang them from the frame.

A little spray paint to brighten up the Futon frame and I am in love with this whole thing. It is so great to have my collection back underway. You can bet I will be pulling more Orchids from the bin at Lowes.

No comments:

Post a Comment