Monday, September 19, 2011

In the Begining there was Bowling balls

This is how it starts. People have an interest in bowling that trough time gets lost or for whatever reason the body can no longer do the sport. The balls get tossed into the garage or car trunk for a time and then to the thrift store, yard sale or curb. That is where I come in, well along with a friend or two who keep their eyes open for me.


First thing that happens is they get scrubbed, sanded and a primer coat of paint, if they are going to be painted up into a bug or something.

If you are going to apply glass marbles or tile DO NOT PRIME. SANDING is a must! I use a foam block for sanding. It is easy on the hands and conforms to the shape of the BB. Because of the oils used on the bowling lanes and the waxes applied to the balls sanding has to be done or the paint will peel off and so will the glues used for tiles or glass.

In the painting after the primer I use a spray paint that is used for outdoors. In whatever color I like.

Then the fun part the rest of the painting I do by hand. and create the world in the way I want it to be. LOL A little more detail and a couple of clear coats to seal them and they are out the door to friends and family or off the the flea market to be adopted. I just love doing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment