Saturday, April 24, 2010

Free plants, watch for them.


Yes these were free, I found off shoots in the grass at my work from the trees in the parking lot. I brought these home 2 years ago, they were two inches tall. now they are around 3 1/2 to 4 ft tall at full height they will be around 8'. I have 2 pink and one white. I will watch for more to put into pots and sell a year down the road. Like growing a money tree. Crape Myrtles are showy and grow almost everywhere. They hold up in the heat, drought and cold.
I also take cutting from places and ask friends for cuttings and off shoots or back bulbs. Some orchid places will sell back bulbs for .25 to 1$ these bulbs have already bloomed but in time will produce more bulbs that will bloom. Patience it the key ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment