Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Old 4x4's can keep on supporting.


This arbor was built with 4x4's that were the foundation for my neighbors shed. They were on the ground supporting his floor for 19 years or so. After removing the shed the 4x4's were leaning on my fence. I asked Lar what he was going to do with them. He had planned to cut them into pieces that the garbage pick up would take. So the Junkster in me asked if I could have them to make something with. It was saving him the work of cutting them up so he agreed and the gift of an arbor was free. As someone down the block had tossed the latticework in the trash a few weeks ago. The wood is so hard that I had to drill holes to put deck screws in it to hold it together. The point faces the south and in the summer I plan to put some orchids out.

No comments:

Post a Comment