Sunday, August 29, 2010

An on going project.


My eating program is an on going project. In these times money can be tight and produce in the stores are way over priced. I am not going to undo the changes I have made in my eating. I have lost 60 lbs so far this year by giving up processed foods and eating closer to nature. So I have my old lady shopping cart. You know the ones with the big wheels in the back, well mine is the deluxe version. I load my emergency flea market bag, equipped with rain poncho, first aid kit and water bottle, and off I go. It doesn't take long because after the first 3 weeks I have found the produce stands that I go to. So it takes me about 30-40 min. and the savings are huge. What you are looking at in the picture is:
10 plumbs, 8 peaches, 4 Big apples, 1 seedless watermelon,
10 bananas, large stand of baby asparagus, 4 ripe tomatoes,
a head of cauliflower, head of cabbage, head of broccoli, 5 cucumbers,
2 lbs of Green beans, head of Chinese cabbage, 8 sweet potatoes, 6 banana peppers
total cost? 20.00
result? healthy living and weight loss. Cooking required, but if you prep and bag things it all goes quickly. Loving and living my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment