Sunday, September 12, 2010

RC's Office wall


First the room was painted "toasted pecan" Flat. It is a warm color and I was surprised that it looked so good in this small office 14x13.

Next was to string out the size for the mat. The mat was painted "gram cracker crust" satin finish. This idea was not mine. Rev. Cydne` and Mr Ed came up with it and I put it on the wall for her.

The satin paint has a shine that reflects back at the camera and it makes it hard to take a pic of it straight on.


with her display in place, I latched together 4 pieces of bamboo to make the frame. Now this took some time and was not as easy as it looks. It is quite a job to tie it together and keep it flat at the same time.


It was a fun project and a labor of love.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Most Beautiful Wall I have ever seen or experienced the making of. Thank you Em for such a fantastic job. And I sooooo thank my dear friend and artist/creative mind... Ed for this whole wonderful idea. He said my office walls should be painted a darker warmer color. After an hour, I'd only agreed to Consider It.lol Then the mat on the wall idea followed that... and I had alot to think about. He came and painted the first coat on 2 of the walls and I was hooked! The rest progressed as EM took up the Baton "Roller" and painted on. You see the results... of one creative thought/idea to the beauty and warmth and artistic gift onto my wall!!! I just luv it! It's more than I could have ever imagined! Emster to the 100th Degree!

    ReplyDelete