Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Building of the Leekin Lena

 It always starts with and Idea. The past two years we have not used the hot tub that sit on the back deck. I want to turn it into a fish pond. I have been looking at stones and all of the normal kind of ponds but juat could not come up with the energy to get out there and work on it. that usually means it is not the RIGHT idea.
 I moved the tub to one area of the yard and then Cydne said she thought it should go next to the arbor. So here she sits. I was walking by and the thought hit me, she looks like a boat. Well that was it I LOVE Tug boats and have been looking at the mini tug sites. I am not in the market for a real one but I can build a mock one.

 Gathering up some of the items to be used. The plastic barrels cut up easy and make a great source of moldable plastic. I use only food grade. these came from a resturant  and hade fruit juice in them.
 Pieces of plywood that were once used to board up the windows for hurricane season, Leftover molding from a chair rail and screen given to me form a friend.
 With the helping hand of Cydne the job moves right along.
 This PVC frame has steel rods in side of it and the 2x6 is notched to fit over the pipe. so the Wheel housc can be lifted off of the hot tub in case of bad storms of cleaning of the pond. Yes I will clean out the dirty water and the bottom of the hot tub as I go.
 Fitting the blue barrel plastic on the front. with some sunny days and the help of a hair dryer I will shape it before it is hooked down. smoke stack ready for placement. 5 gal. bucket lids used for port holes.
With a clear fiberglass roof and pool noodles around the front and back she is starting to take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment